Saturday, November 19, 2011

Book of Ezekiel 6-10 they shall know that I am the LORD

Ezekeil 6-10

This pretty much summarizes the entire Old Testament in a few sentences;

6:7 And the slain shall fall in the midst of you, and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
6:8 Yet will I leave a remnant, that ye may have some that shall escape the sword among the nations, when ye shall be scattered through the countries.
6:10 And they shall know that I am the LORD, and that I have not said in vain that I would do this evil unto them.

God makes a rare personal appearance in Chapter 8.  He seems to appear in front of a group of people other then a lone, crazy prophet.
8:1 And it came to pass in the sixth year, in the sixth month, in the fifth day of the month, as I sat in mine house, and the elders of Judah sat before me, that the hand of the Lord GOD fell there upon me.
8:2 Then I beheld, and lo a likeness as the appearance of fire: from the appearance of his loins even downward, fire; and from his loins even upward, as the appearance of brightness, as the colour of amber.


Ezekiel gets a tour of the temple filled with the ancients that have done wrong in the eyes of the LORD.

He then (dreams/imagines) that God sends out men to slaughter the masses.  Those who accept God's laws are given a mark and spared.

Chapter 10 rehashes chapter 1 except the face of the Ox is replaced by a face of a Cherub.

All in all, were falling back into the same storyline as the other prophets.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment