Thursday, August 11, 2011

I Was a Teenage Exocist

At the very least I have to thank Reverend Bob Larson for giving me a good laugh this morning.




He runs an exorcism school in Arizona and his most successful "demon hunters" are teenage girls.

Larson says "We've found that our female, teenage exorcists are particularly effective at curing the possessed, because they're so sensitive and very pure,"


Since I don't believe in gods, I don't believe in demons.  The idea that mini-devils are running around looking for people to corrupt seems very primitive and silly in the 21st century.
Demons were used to explain mental illness hundreds of years ago.  We now better understand the human body and mind and can treat people properly.

And really, does prayer, crosses and holy water really drive them out?  What if they're not christian demons?  Are these kids trained to deal with Aztec demons, Aborigine demons or Muslim demons?

My guess is that if there are any demons, they leave because of the boredom and monotony of this rite!
Can I use this rite to exorcise demons in my spare time or do they only listen to catholic priests?

Extra bonus wackiness;

An exorcism in India;

A Muslim exorcism;


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment