Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Book of Isaiah 56-58 Behold, I am a dry tree

Isaiah 56-58

I'm guessing believers will say the first verse in this chapter is predicting Jesus.

56:1 Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.


I like this odd bit;

56:3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.

I also like this verse.  Makes me feel warm inside.
56:12 Come ye, say they, I will fetch wine, and we will fill ourselves with strong drink; and to morrow shall be as this day, and much more abundant.

Chapter 57 sees god punishing the children of the wicked but this time it's for their own wickedness.

Chapter 58 shows us a God we've never seen before.  Kind, loving, telling us to be nice to others.  He tells us that if we love and obey him, he'll take care of us.  Nice guy.



No comments:

Post a Comment