Thursday, July 28, 2011

Book of Psalms 144-150 Makes Me Nostalgic for Numbers!

Psalms 144-150

Thank the gods we're done with the psalms!  A nice, if not boring book to read once but I wouldn't want to make a return visit.

What have we learned from this book?  Beats me.  Do you have any insight for me?

I'm looking forward to the Book of Proverbs.  I don't think I've ever read any of it and hope it will have some little nuggets of wisdom aside from the praising.  I hope I'm not getting my hopes up.
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. @Bruce,

    I guess you would expect this from me, but i am reading Psalms to my son, reading it in my Bible study group on Monday, and reading it with this group. I really enjoy the Psalms. :-) And I'm not joking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been ear-wormed in that last batch - half a dozen connections to the really stirring hymns of my childhood (Hymns Ancient and Modern, for anybody who used that), and I'm going to have half a dozen of those in my head All Day. All Hail The Power, and Holy, Holy, Holy, and hymns like that, which I like much better than the modern ones.

    But yes, Bruce, I'm with you. Ready to move on, and that would have been twice as interesting at half the length.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Bruce - I'm glad that that's something I never have to do again. I've started on Proverbs and they are sorta fun, actually. A nice change from the preceding 150! (who thought that was a good I idea??) chapters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just didn't have time, so I listened to the 2nd half of psalms online. http://www.audiotreasure.com/indexKJV.htm

    ReplyDelete